or toll-free 1-866-999-9698 Option 4
Videoconferencing and MyMBT
What is telehealth?
- The use of information technology to connect people to health-care services at a distance.
- You will be able to see, hear and talk to your health-care provider on a television screen. The person at the other end will also be able to see, hear and talk to you.
Is telehealth confidential?
- MBTelehealth is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal health information at all times. All information collected, recorded, stored, used or disclosed is done so in accordance with the WRHA and The Personal Health Information Act of Manitoba (PHIA).
What is the difference between MBTelehealth and MyMBT?
- MBTelehealth refers to room based equipment while MyMBT can be used from your desk with a computer and a camera or from your mobile device.
What options are available for using telehealth?
- Fixed equipment can be used if you have a dedicated room for telehealth.
- Mobile carts can be used if you need to move the equipment from room to room.
- MyMBT can be used if you need the convenience of using telehealth from your computer or your mobile device.
Why use telehealth?
- You may reduce the time you need to spend away from home and work in order to receive health-care services.
- It can save you time, money and the risks associated with travel.
- It can improve access to health services that may not be currently available in your home community or region.
- MyMBT is convenient, cost effective and easy to use.
- MyMBT enables users to videoconference right from their desk to provide health-care services and participate in education events and administrative meetings.
If you are interested in obtaining the MyMBT service, complete and submit the intake form below. Charges may apply.Click here for a MyMBT Intake Form
Click here for a MyMBT Videoconferencing Quick Reference Guide