or toll-free 1-866-999-9698 Option 4
(MBTelehealth and MyMBT Video)
What is telehealth?
- The use of information technology to connect people to health-care services at a distance.
- Patients are able to see, hear and talk to their health-care provider on a television screen. Telehealth can be used for events such as:
- Clinical services such as consultations, follow up, case conferencing, and patient education
- Continuing education for health-care employees and providers
- Health-related education for patients, families and the public is also available via telehealth
- Health care administrative meetings
- Televisitation for families separated due to medical reasons when requested by a healthcare provider
Is telehealth confidential?
- MBTelehealth is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal health information at all times. All information collected, recorded, stored, used or disclosed is done so in accordance with the WRHA and The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
What is the difference between MBTelehealth and MyMBT?
- MBTelehealth refers to room based equipment while MyMBT Video can be used from a provider’s computer and a camera or from their mobile device.
- MyMBT Video allows increased access to MBTelehealth services for more users because it creates efficiencies in room usage and equipment availability.
What options are available for using telehealth?
- Fixed equipment can be used if providers and health-care facilities have a dedicated room for telehealth.
- Mobile carts can be used if providers and health-care facilities need to move the equipment from room to room.
- MyMBT Video can be used if providers need the convenience of using telehealth from their computer or mobile device.
Why use telehealth?
- Patients may reduce the time they need to spend away from home and work in order to receive health-care services.
- It can save time, money and the risks associated with travel.
- It can improve access to health services that may not be currently available in a patient’s home community or region.
- MyMBT Video enables health-care providers to connect right from their desk to provide health-care services and participate in education events and administrative meetings. It is convenient, cost effective and easy to use.
Note: Clinical services such as specialist appointments, discharge planning and case-conferencing are available. Click the link below or contact the Facilitator-eHealth Solutions in your region for more information on the health services available via telehealth. Specialist services currently available via MBTelehealth.
If you are interested in obtaining an MBTelehealth service, including MyMBT Video, complete and submit the intake form below. (Charges may apply.)MBT Intake Form
Quick Reference Guides